The NUJ National President, Chief Chris Isiguzo on Monday inaugurated a Nine Member Credential Committee to conduct the union’s National Election slated for October 4, 2021 in Abia State.
The committee was inaugurated this morning at the National Secretariat, Abuja.
He said membership of the committee was drawn from all the six zones in the country to ensure fair representation which had been approved last Saturday by the NUJ NEC.
The President urged the Committee members to be fair, just and objective in discharging their duties.
Isiguzo also stressed the need for the committee to live up to expectations of all Nigerian journalists by conducting credible and transparent election comes October 4, 2021.
He said the committee members should not be carried away by primordial, religious and ethnic sentiments, while the union’s Constitution should be respected in the committee’s activities.
Responding, Garba Muhammad who is the Chairman of the Credential Committee, thanked the NUJ NEC for the confidence reposed in members of the committee to serve in the all important committee.
Muhammad solicited the support of all stakeholders to enable the committee conducts transparent and credible national election, pledging that his committee would not disappoint Nigerian journalists.
MEMBERS OF THE 2021 NUJ NATIONAL CREDENTIAL COMMITTEE TO CONDUCT THE UNION’S ELECTION
1. National officer from Northwest, Garba Muhammad is (the Chairman of the Credential Committee).
2. Ladi Bala the President of NAWOJ (Member)
3. Leke Adegbite, Ondo NUJ Secretary (member)
4. Victor Udu, NUJ Chairman Cross River (member)
5. Isa Shuni, NUJ Chairman Sokoto Council (Member)
6. Kenneth Ofoma, NUJ zonal Secretary, Zone C (member)
7. Emmanuel Ogbeche, NUJ FCT Chairman (Member)
8. Mohammed Ibrahim, NUJ Secretary NUJ Borno (Member)
9. Victor Ndukwe (Abia state Chairman of NUJ) will serve as the Secretary.